Not political
but listen here yo.
I didn't grow up in the street
but I volunteered to be free
When we're young
we don't realize
how we're being dumb
it take us to fall hard to be revived
Girls walking around thinking they're grown
Men licking their tongues saying...
Yum.
Then she thinks hmm.. I might give him some.
Things go too far..
she runs out of time
Tells the man
I changed my mind.
He says nothing Just holds up a barrel of a gun
Left her to die when he was done
Now the suspects on the run
Any leads detective?
came up with none ......
5 months later girl finds out that she's having the suspects son
thinking..
how could I be so dumb.
It'll be okay girl.
You'll learn when you get older
and always remember
god won't give you too much you can't handle on your shoulders.
Then the son grows up in poverty
through the cycle
Running with these so called thugs
selling drugs
Poppin' other thugs.
Caught in the life
Mother's struggling trying to make ends meet
Like everyone.
She's just trying to eat.
Worried for her son.
Praying everyday
That he makes it home safe.
Finally, everything comes in place.
He realizes this isn't the path he wanted to take
the moment his best friend was shot in face!
Used his energy to play ball
His brains
Ended up making better grades
This road wasn't clear before
Finally he receives the call he was waiting for
Scouts offering scholarships
Knocking on the door
This is a blessing!
Now his college education is paid for
Glad to say
Success is on the way
This is a TURNOVER!!
breaking the cycle!
Something that needs to be happening today!..
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
No comments:
Post a Comment