This is something that I worked on a few weeks ago. I'm happy to say that I gave up drinking altogether. I never had a drinking problem. I only drank socially and also to relax at home. I want to get a point across. Also, I do not judge anyone who chooses to drink. I just stopped because of my own reasons. I hope you all grasp and put your feet in my shoes for a couple of minutes. Thanks for your support. :)
A Drink 11-27-2011
I didn't think I could do it just like turn vegetarian, live with no meat. Let me tell you why. Bartender! Bartender! My favorite drink please,
a lemon drop ... with a splash of chambord... Mmm with a sugared rim...
Can I fight the temptation of giving in?
See No drinking was my own decision, I used to get wasted.
take drinks that weren't on me, but based on the things that I'd see.
(Smh)....
Changed my whole view.. But all in all It was the thing to do.
It surrounds you everywhere you go.
The admission to get in the world of no sobriety started with one drink.
I started at sixteen and I experienced the bad side that I didn't expect to witness.
Verbal abuse, delusional and untrue.
Wicked spoken slurs.
Taken advantage of.
I blacked out... all I remember is that he was trying to stick his... in my mouth.
Introduction to the A word.
That was soon to be taught.
The nights that they forgot will forever be engraved in my memory.
Things that were done in the light faded into the dark.
Things from the past come in to replay.
Like a struck match thrown on gas.
That moment when you're looking funny but its me looking at you with the same feeling too but I'm not acting as crazy as you.
I'm trying to be a true rockstar, trying to catch up with everyone else, I don''t even drink this much.
Being a rock star isn't so fun anymore when I've made a ass out of myself which I couldn't even remember from the night before.
Then Waking up with hangover brings back the morning sickness, not cool.
When I've had too much I call and text my ex.
Fuck that neew girl... Making my problems go away..
Feeling so much better.
Only to find remainder of my tear stains that seemed even wetter.
I end up stuck facing the same old pain.
I felt if I was sober, I wouldn't have a good time.
That was all psychological.
Sitting in a circle with strangers every group session really brought me to asking myself questions.
All the stories I would hear, i'm thinking "I'm not even an alcoholic" "Why am I here?"
Now I know. I took all the knowledge they'd throw.
Learned where and how the drinking problems would grow.
Alize sipping on something to have the courage to put the stilettos on and swirl on the UN sterile pole.
Or the poor fifteen year old girl giving drunk uncle Ernest a hug that led to a forceful kiss.
When told ”I won't hurt you” hanging out on the beach late night with some guys and ”close” friends ended up leaving you in the sand from the beating hands.
This is something you wouldn't think that was included from a drink.
That led your mind to think you could still drive, sounds of clinking ice in the glass left the everything so cloudy, unknown to the fact you'd soon to see those flashing lights.
” Well what's the problem officer”
”License, registration... can you please step out”
” but I was almost to my house!”
after the breathalyzer has been held to your mouth.
And to go through this horrible ordeal.
That shot you were pressured to take ends up being your own mistake.
That 5 thousand dollar shot cost you your car.
The bread maker, that you steer.
The charge follows you for ten years.
While you aren't permitted to have a lick of alcohol in your system.
You say, I'm not ever doing this again.
But still again and again you abuse and lose yourself.
Seeing those horns appear when the liquor disappears.
It's like you're possessed.
Please! please! this is detrimental to your health.
You lose your mother, brother, daughter, son, your lover, Mr, Mrs. or your girl.
Armageddon to your world after all you still plead for just one more drink.... Just one, more!
All I want is you to see the recovery door.
Not for me but do it for you, & your family...
This is me sacrificing.
I can do it cold turkey.
Not only am I done, it's also you all drank enough for me.
See I was Afraid to cancel my subscription.
Be different..
Refund my admission because of not fitting in.
I realized after all that I don't need it for courage... If anything my confidence went up.
What scared me the most, is not only missing out.. but getting addicted feeling like I needed it
because it is considered a strong drug. Like a cigarette.
I came to the conclusion when I asked myself what am I drinking for?
I was afraid of not being able to affiliate anymore only to result in complication.
I wanted to show you I made the exception that if I quit drinking!
That maybe
MAYBE,
..........
drinking was our only connection.
No comments:
Post a Comment